You've heard of the Boat Race? Okay, but have you heard of the Goat Race?
After last year's triumphant debut run, Spitalfields City Farm is once again racing two feisty goats (one named Oxford, one named Cambridge!) to raise much-needed cash for the farm. And The Bruncheon Club is delighted to announce that we will be popping up at the race!
Easter Saturday 3rd April 2010 - the same day as the Boat Race!
Spitalfields City Farm (not Hackney City Farm!), Buxton Street, E1 5AR. Just off Brick Lane.
WHAT WILL I EAT?
We have planned a special one-off goat-themed bruncheon menu, which will be...
- Oxford home-made lemonade vs Cambridge sparkling elderflower!
- Alphonso ManGO-AT (by which we mean mango) salad
- GOAT cheese and leek rarebit on home-made soda bread with farm-grown salad and home-made tomato chutney!
- Apple crumble cake with GOAT milk vanilla ice-cream!!
- Tea or Coffee with optional milk of the cow or GOAT
There will be two bumper sittings for 18 people - one at 1pm and one at 3pm.
The price is £20 per person with proceeds going to the much-deserving farm.
HOW DO I BOOK?
You can reserve seats at the 1pm sitting by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will be taking payment in advance by bank transfer.
Seats at the 3pm sitting will only be available on the day. We'll be taking bookings and payment in person from 2.30pm (when the doors officially open).
Bookings are first-come first-served, and no booking is confirmed until we have received payment. Thanks!
Really hope to see you there!